Becoming a C4K youth member starts with the 1-to-1 mentoring program. During the semester long program, members and volunteer mentors are matched to gain skills, plan and execute a project, and build community. We are currently recruiting youth members and community volunteer mentors to join our Spring 2024 Cohort running from mid-January to the first week of May.
Read on for more information about the program or fill out an interest form if you would like to start the process. If you have questions, you can reach out to our Mentor Coordinator, Mykaela Cali, at 434-817-1121 ext. 2 or email@example.com
Are you ready to have some fun this Spring!
Meeting one hour per week, participants will:
- Get hands-on experience with equipment like 3D printers, digital cameras, programmable robots, and sewing machines
- Complete activities like recording a podcast, designing a logo, building a robot, or developing a video game
- Take charge of what they learn by creating their own projects
- Freely explore the materials and equipment in the Clubhouse on their own, with a mentor, or with a friend
- Meet new friends who share their interests
- Learn about different careers and hobbies from working with mentors
- Earn a laptop at the completion of the program
C4K provides transportation from the following schools to the Clubhouse one day per week: Walker Upper Elementary, Burley Middle School, Journey Middle School, Buford Middle School, and Charlottesville High School. Youth members need to have a plan for pickup from the Clubhouse after their mentoring session and before closing at 7:30PM.
- For youth, one 2 hour session between January 8th and January 12th.
- For mentors, one 2 hour session between January 15th and January 19th.
- Mentoring Sessions
- One hour per week from January 22nd to May 3rd.
- Special Events (full cohort, 2 hours)
- Project Pitch Night, February 23rd
- Community Building, March 18th
- Project Celebration, April 26th