Join the C4K team.
C4K (Computers4Kids), a homegrown Charlottesville non-profit committed to ensuring all youth have the skills and resources they need to have brighter futures, seeks an experienced Advancement Manager. The Advancement Manager is responsible for cultivating and stewarding donor relationships, with the primary goal of substantially expanding and improving the fundraising performance of the organization. He/she/they are a creative and motivated development professional who has primary responsibility for internal and external development-related communications for the organization. The Advancement Manager works closely with the C4K team to create fundraising proposals, impact reports, social media posts, stewardship communications, and other written materials in support of C4K’s development efforts. The ideal candidate enjoys playing a crucial role in a small, highly collaborative team but is also comfortable working independently and taking ownership of projects. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives on appealing to varied audiences and is mission-driven.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as C4K’s principal storyteller: convey the importance and relevance of our work, illustrate our impact, and move the audience to action, translating outside connections and attention into financial support
- Develop and submit letters of inquiry, grant and major gift proposals, program and grant reports
- Monitor and meet grant proposal and reporting deadlines
- Research data that support our work, including research into prospects that may align significant philanthropic potential with interest in the mission of C4K
- Translate C4K’s work into appealing messaging for a wide variety of audiences, including impact pieces, appeals, and cases for support
- Prepare correspondence from the Executive Director to donors and prospects
- Together with program staff, prepare stewardship reports, materials, and correspondence to communicate impact to donors
- Develop and manage C4K’s gift acknowledgment plan
- Cultivate and steward donor relationships, with an emphasis on in-person contact as much as is feasible
- Organize and execute donor and fundraising events
- Draft and manage the dissemination of the annual report and annual appeal letter
- Compile data and produce presentation decks for presentations, meetings, board reports, etc.
- Partner with program team to produce content/stories/blogs/social media content with donor stewardship focus that aligns with C4K messaging
- Serve as the primary administrator of donor database
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Demonstrate an affinity for the mission of C4K
- A highly personable candidate who genuinely enjoys meeting and building personal relationships within C4K programmatic and philanthropic bases
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with the ability to appeal to multiple and varied audiences
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to produce high-quality work against a deadline
- Management of multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Familiarity with nonprofit fundraising best practices
- Value collaboration
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and orientations.
- Interest in contributing to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
- Five, or more, years of experience in nonprofit advancement
- Experience managing a grant portfolio, submitting successful grant applications, and conducting prospect research
- Familiarity with program evaluation
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform
- Proficiency with Google Workspace
Salary, Hours, and Benefits
The Advancement Manager is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Executive Director. Starting pay is in the range of $55-65,000 annual salary depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits include fully paid health insurance (medical) for employees; 3+ weeks of vacation; personal leave; and 401k with employer match. General hours are 9-10 am to 5 or 6 pm, Monday through Friday, and occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.