A Message from C4K
Dear C4K Family,
This will be the last of our weekly Newsletter & Activities Resource. We hope these have been a source of inspiration to our members and provided valuable connections to generous community initiatives during this complicated time. There is no substitute for the in person Clubhouse experience but it is important to know there are always opportunities for learning, making, and sharing.
Now that the school year is over, C4K is actively working to add Summer workshops and identify opportunities for our members. With guidelines and timelines related to COVID-19 being unclear, we are working on activities that can be supported online in the near term with hopes of being together in the coming months. Health and safety will always come first in our decision making.
Stay tuned! Program updates will be added to the website and announced via social media.
We miss you! Stay safe and in touch.
Kala, Tricia, Jill, and Colin
- Governor Northam has announced that Phase Two guidelines for the “Forward Virginia” plan for easing health restriction will be going into effect for most of Virginia on June 5th. Recommendations for social distancing and mask wearing in buildings will remain.
- The Charlottesville City Schools and Albemarle County Schools have announced plans for continued meal services through the Summer. For additional information and volunteer opportunities, visit the City’s Import Food Updates announcement and County’s Changes to Student Meal Services post.
- Piedmont Virginia Community College has moved their annual KidsCollege Summer STEM & Arts Academies online this year. Scholarships are available, including the opportunity for one free class for rising 7th and 10th graders.
- Girls Who Code is offering their Summer Immersion Program online this year for rising 10th-12th grade girls. It’s a two week program and $300 needs-based stipend is available. If you’re interested, fill out their online form.
- If you are interested in mentoring or volunteering online, please contact our Mentor Coordinator, Tricia Howell ( firstname.lastname@example.org or text 434-214-0277).
- Members and mentors, drop-in to our Virtual Meet-ups on Monday mornings! Check the calendar under “Upcoming Events” at the bottom of our homepage for dates, times, and meeting codes.
- We’ve made some changes to the Mentor Happy Hour! They are going to be more frequent and little shorter. So, mentors, drop in to the Google Meet Mentor Happy Half Hour on Wednesday at 5:30-6:00PM or Thursday at 5:00-5:30PM to share experiences, ask questions, and catch up. Event details are on the calendar under “Upcoming Events” at the bottom of our homepage.
- Looking for information about local resources and support?
- Stay updated on current local news: