A Message from C4K
Dear C4K Family,
With Summer weather upon us and schools winding down their online programs, we’ve restarted the planning for this Summer season at C4K. There are so many unknowns that we’ve had to put some previous plans on the shelf. However, we’ve learned a lot over the last couple of months and know we’ll have some exciting opportunities to share in the coming weeks.
Foremost on our minds is the health and safety of our community. We will be making every effort to offer flexible programming that both conforms to government guidelines and allows members / volunteers to participate in a way that makes them most comfortable.
We miss you! Stay safe and in touch.
Kala, Tricia, Jill, and Colin
- Governor Northam has released a number of Executive Orders related to COVID-19 and public safety over the last few weeks including EO-63 requiring face covering while inside buildings. If you or your family are in need of masks, please let us know.
- National Survey on COVID-19 Seeks Student Responses: A national nonprofit that asks students how to improve education is seeking input on how students are holding up during COVID-19 closures. The initiative by YouthTruth is inviting school districts to encourage students in grades 6-12 to share what they’re experiencing while schools are closed. The survey students take is online, anonymous and available in English and Spanish. According to the organization, the questions take 10 to 15 minutes to complete.
- If you are interested in mentoring or volunteering online, please contact our Mentor Coordinator, Tricia Howell ( email@example.com or text 434-214-0277).
- Members and mentors, drop-in to our Virtual Meet-ups on Monday mornings! Check the calendar under “Upcoming Events” at the bottom of our homepage for dates, times, and meeting codes.
- Mentor Happy Hour is Thursday at 5:00PM via Google Meet to share experiences, ask questions, and catch up. Event details are on the calendar under “Upcoming Events” at the bottom of our homepage.
- Looking for information about local resources and support?
- Stay updated on current local news: