A Message from C4K
Dear C4K Family,
We have been testing out a few pilot programs over the last week including recurring workshops and the distribution of our first Maker Kits. We have been learning a lot about how to best translate C4K’s model of mentoring and engagement to online platforms and can’t wait to share what the Members have been making.
We miss you! Stay safe and in touch.
Kala, Tricia, Jill, and Colin
- The Summer Spark! program at St. Anne’s-Belfield School will be online and offered for free this year. Opportunities for web design, coding, and game design.
- With the help of community volunteers, UVA HR has published translations for their consolidated sheet of emergency relief information. To date, it has been translated into 17 languages!
- The Community Mental Health and Wellness Coalition is a group of organizations coming together to “promote behavioral health and wellness through planning, advocacy, and access to effective service delivery for our region”. If you or someone you know is struggling, you can find access to support on their Help Happens Here website.
- If you are interested in mentoring or volunteering online, please contact our Mentor Coordinator, Tricia Howell ( firstname.lastname@example.org or text 434-214-0277).
- Members and mentors, drop-in to our Virtual Meet-ups! Check the calendar under “Upcoming Events” at the bottom of our homepage for dates, times, and meeting codes.
- Mentor Happy Hour is Thursday at 5:00PM via Google Meet to share experiences, ask questions, and catch up. Event details are on the calendar under “Upcoming Events” at the bottom of our homepage.
- Looking for information about local resources and support?
- Stay updated on current local news: