A Message from C4K
Dear C4K Family,
Weekly 1:1 E-Mentoring sessions are filling up the calendar and it is great to see. Even if a member isn’t currently matched for 1:1, we are finding ways to connect them with volunteers to help with school work, play a game, or explore a new app online.
With E-Mentoring gaining steam, we are working on more ways to engage with our members. We will be testing out a few this week so keep an eye out for announcements in the next newsletter.
We miss you! Stay safe and in touch.
Kala, Tricia, Jill, and Colin
- Congratulations to C4K Volunteer Bryce Hall and Clubhouse Intern Jordan Mack on realizing their dreams to join the National Football League! Bryce was selected 158th in the draft by the New York Jets and Jordan signed as a Free Agent with the Carolina Panthers. Despite packed schedules, these student athletes took time to make a positive impact on area youth.
- It is Teacher Appreciation Week! Be sure to tell your teachers, past and present, how much you appreciate what they do.
- C4K Volunteer Max Madani was named Volunteer of the Week by UVA Public Service. Max has been an integral part of the C4K team in many different roles. Check out his Mentor Spotlight from earlier this year.
- Mentor training this week is scheduled for Wednesday, 5/6 at 5:00PM . If you are interested in attending, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or text 434-214-0277.
- Members and mentors, drop-in to our Virtual Meet-ups! Check the calendar under “Upcoming Events” at the bottom of our homepage for dates, times, and meeting codes.
- Mentor Happy Hour is Thursday at 5:00PM via Google Meet to share experiences, ask questions, and catch up. Event details are on the calendar under “Upcoming Events” at the bottom of our homepage.
- Looking for information about local resources and support?
- Stay updated on current local news: