A Message from C4K
Dear C4K Family,
While it is anything but normal, the completion of the school’s Spring Break and start of regular online learning activities offers an opportunity for members to settle into some new routines. C4K is here with regularly scheduled Virtual Meet-ups and e-Mentoring so members can continue to connect with the program and their mentors. Check out the announcements below for additional details.
This is will be a challenging couple of months but we want to encourage members to stay engaged in their learning. Whether it is for grade and credit or not, the activities and content provided by the schools through the end of the school year will be important preparation for next year. Additionally, learning on one’s own in a less structured environment is a skill that can pay dividends for a lifetime. If there are any concerns or struggles, C4K can help either through matching with a mentor for individual support or connecting with the schools to gather additional answers and resources.
We miss you! Stay safe and in touch.
Kala, Tricia, Jill, and Colin
- Our e-Mentoring program is off the ground with a successful member training last week and two more set for this week (Wednesday, 4/15 at 5:00PM and Thursday, 4/16 at 11:00AM). If you are interested in attending, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or text 434-214-0277.
- There is going to be the first Mentor Happy Hour this week as well. Join us via Google Meet to share experiences, ask questions, and catch up. Event details are on the calendar under “Upcoming Events” at the bottom of our homepage.
- We have regularly scheduled Virtual Meet-ups on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11:00AM-11:45AM. This week we’re introducing additional structure to Wednesday meet-ups with Jill and members demonstrating some cool online activities. We would love to see you there. We will post the meeting code to the calendar under “Upcoming Events” at the bottom of our homepage.
- Be sure to check out recent updates from both Charlottesville City Schools and Albemarle County Schools. There is a lot of new information on learning options, grading / credit, technology tools, meals, and more.
- Looking for information about local resources and support?
- Stay updated on current local news: