We care about our community and want everyone to stay healthy. We are keeping a close eye on the rapidly evolving news involving Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). At this time, we intend to maintain normal office and Clubhouse hours. However, we will continue to assess the situation with youth members and volunteer health at the forefront of our decisions.
In the short term, we have a few requests and commitments:
- Please do not come to C4K if you feel sick or have been in contact with individuals positively tested for or suspected of having COVID-19. Stay at home and seek advice from health professionals if symptoms persist.
- If you do come to C4K, be sure to wash your hands upon arrival and appropriately throughout your visit. (See: https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/hygiene/hand/handwashing.html)
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissue or sleeve if you cough or sneeze. Wash your hands afterward (See: https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/hygiene/etiquette/coughing_sneezing.html).
- Try to avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you do, wash your hands.
- Avoid any unnecessary travel, particularly to countries with a CDC health travel warning. Should you be coming back from a trip to one of these countries, please stay home for 14 days and follow CDC guidelines for monitoring your health and practicing social distancing (See:: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/after-travel-precautions.html).
- C4K staff will increase the frequency of cleaning the office and work areas focussing on commonly touched items like doorknobs, work surfaces, and keyboards. We ask for member and volunteer participation in cleaning tools, devices, and materials used during their visit.
Additional notices will follow if and when circumstances change. For additional information, please visit this helpful Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions page maintained by UVA Health – https://uvahealth.com/services/infectious-disease/coronavirus-faqs.
Thank you for your understanding and partnership in this important matter.
Last updated March 12 @ 8pm