We are excited to welcome Sam Wright as our new Clubhouse Coordinator! Sam is a native of Charlottesville and has known about C4K for quite some time as some of his middle and high school friends attended the program. He is motivated by C4K’s mission and commitment to equity in the STEAM field, as well as the learning model.
For undergraduate studies, Sam attended Virginia Commonwealth University where he received his B.A. in Sociology. Sam also has a passion for documentary filmmaking and saw his choice to study sociology as a medium to better understand the world around him.
It is a pleasure to have Sam on the team. Welcome, Sam!
Get to know Sam!
- What do you look forward to filling your position?
- What did you want to be, “when you grew up?” This is goofy, but when I was little I wanted to be a MLB player. Prior to college I had played baseball heavily. I played Pitcher, Short Stop, and Outfield.
- What’s one great piece of advice you’ve received in life?
- There are so many transformations, experiences, and interests that we go through in life, and in those periods we can feel overwhelmed but those moments help us grow into the next version of ourselves.
- Failing is an important part of any process. Oftentimes we can shy away from things that we don’t know or are too overwhelmed to understand, but once the process begins, we learn and grow so much more.
- Everyone has a different timeline in getting from one place to the next. Whether it’s understanding a concept, learning a skill, or completing a course, all of our pathways are unique. Just because one person got there first does not invalidate your pathway or somebody else’s. If we are all trying to get to the same place and do it in the same way we lose a diversity of experiences that were gained along the way. Your pathway is as valid as the next persons.
- What do you like most about Charlottesville? My Favorite place to take a visitor in Charlottesville is either the Tea Bazar or the Riverview/Rivanna Trail.
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself! I am a Twin!
- Favorite childhood television show? Hey Arnold
- What is your favorite comfort food? Easy Snack [Peanut Butter], Meal [Philly Cheesesteak and French Fries], Dessert [Any type of Pie]