We’re very excited to welcome Yvonnia Bryant as C4K’s Community Outreach Coordinator.
Yvonnia is a recent graduate of Old Dominion University, where she received a B.A. in Communication with a concentration in Media Studies. Born and raised in Charlottesville, Yvonnia is no stranger to C4K – growing up, she had friends who attended the program. After mentoring students in college, she saw C4K as the perfect opportunity to give back to the community she so closely identifies with.
Since joining C4K this August as an AmeriCorp VISTA member, she’s been spearheading the organization’s marketing plan, an essential task amidst a pandemic. It’s uncharted territory working with students remotely, but Yvonnia is up for the task. She spends part of her days creating engaging social media content while researching marketing techniques to sharpen her skillset.
We’re thrilled she’s returned to her hometown to join the team and expand C4K’s presence in the community.
Let’s Get to know Yvonnia!
- What’s a great piece of advice you’ve received? My mom is the most influential person in my life and has always emphasized the importance of never giving up regardless of how big or small the task may be.
- What’s the best part of working at C4K? My favorite part about working at C4K is getting to work with amazing people, the C4K team! When I joined the team, everyone was (and still is) nice, understanding, accommodating, and the list goes on! It’s just really nice to be surrounded by supportive, driven individuals.
- Favorite childhood television show? Rugrats on Nickelodeon
- Comfort Food? Mac and cheese (or any pasta)
- Do you have any pets? If so, tell us a little about them! I have an 11-year-old Jack Russell mix, Jett, who I love dearly! Jett loves walks around the neighborhood, FOOD, and loves for anyone to rub his belly.
- What is your favorite place to take a visitor in Charlottesville? One of my favorite places to go for a fun relaxing evening is Carter Mountain Orchard, especially during the Sunset Series. You can enjoy the beautiful sunset with wine and live music.
- What’s your favorite color? Green
- Were you always a Communication major or did you explore other majors? I planned on majoring in Fashion Merchandising because I’ve always had a passion for fashion and wanted to become a fashion buyer. I quickly realized that fashion merchandising was not what I wanted to do after taking some introductory courses. After a year or so, I decided to major in Communication (emphasis in media studies) because I wanted to learn more about the “why” in media. In the latter part of my time at ODU, I developed an interest in marketing, specifically social media marketing.