We’re delighted to announce Niedia Washingston as C4K’s Member Communication & Data Manager.
As a graduate of C4K, the organization holds a special place in her heart as a second home. She first discovered C4K in 6th grade during a school lunch where the organization had a booth set up. When she learned about all the different programs available at C4K, she jumped at the opportunity to get involved. Now as a staff member, she gets to make the same meaningful impact helping students flourish.
Her daily responsibilities run the gamut. From mentoring students to organizing data from workshops, the C4K team is grateful for her broad skillset.
Get to know Niedia through these fun facts!
- What is your favorite project that you worked on while at C4K? One of my favorite projects at C4K was animating a movie for another C4K member. I got the chance to use my 3D designing skills and learn a new software, Blender. I had so much fun creating the characters and scenes with the other members.
- What’s a great piece of advice you’ve received? Try to do one thing that scares you each day.
- What do you like most about Charlottesville? I like how close I live to downtown and I can walk there whenever I can along with all the options I have to go and eat when I want to eat out.
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself! After only playing the viola for 8 months, I made it into the VCU Arts program.
- Favorite childhood television show? Tom & Jerry
- What is your favorite comfort food? Chicken & Rice
- Since you’re still in college and changing majors, what are some career options you’ve considered? I’ve been switching through career options because there’s so much I want to do! I entered college as a Strings Music Performance major, but am currently undecided. I’ve debated becoming an interpreter in American Sign Language, Spanish and Arabic. Also, I’ve considered becoming a Phlebotomy Technician or a career in a health related field. Whatever I choose, I just really want to help people.